Newest Phishing Email - Always Changing
Fraudsters often change emails to mask their true identity—here's an example of one pretending to be from TripCase® - this is a phishing email. DO NOT LOGIN TO YOUR GDS THROUGH AN EMAIL.
What should you do with this information?
- Show this example to everyone, including full- and part-time staff, independent contractors and sub-agents.
- Ask every employee and outside sales staff if they received this type of email and clicked the link to log into the GDS through the email. If so, take immediate action to change everyone's passwords, and refer to your GDS's website for additional instructions.
- Advise staff to never click on a link to confirm a GDS login ID or password through an email. Always go directly to your GDS's known website.
- If the agency's GDS administrator's credentials were compromised, check to see if new user accounts have been created or if emails for any user's email account information has been altered. (Always delete unknown or former user accounts immediately.) Contact your GDS to see if additional steps should be taken.
Monitor your agency's ticketing daily, including weekends and holidays, and if you suspect unauthorized ticketing or access, immediately:
- Void the ticket(s) through your GDS to obtain an ESAC code.
- Notify affected carriers of the unauthorized/stolen tickets.
- Cancel the PNR (or return segments if the outbound leg has been used).
- Contact your GDS to report compromised IDs, PCCs or passwords, and ask for immediate assistance to prevent additional unauthorized ticketing or access.
- Contact ARC's fraud prevention team at email@example.com or (855) 358-0393 for important follow-up instructions.
For more on current schemes, fraud prevention and credit card transaction red flags, visit our Fraud Prevention page. ARC will send more examples of suspicious emails in the future to keep you informed of the latest fraud attempts.
ARC powers the U.S.-based travel industry with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data analytics. In 2012, ARC settled $84 billion worth of carrier ticket transactions for more than 9,400 travel agencies with 15,000 points of sale. By providing world-class business services and products, ARC enables participating agencies and 191 carriers to focus on what's important - increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Va. For more information, please visit