ARC will assure equal opportunity of employment for all applicants and employees of ARC without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, marital status or sexual preference. This policy is also designed to assure an environment free from discrimination and harassment. ARC will be compliant with the following Equal Employment Opportunity laws:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA), which protects men and women who perform substantially equal work in the same establishment from sex-based wage discrimination
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), which protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older
- Titles I and V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibit employment discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities in the private sector, and in state and local governments
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991
ARC will recruit, employ and promote employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, marital status or sexual preference. ARC will base employment and promotion decisions solely upon the applicant's qualifications for the position being filled. ARC will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, marital status or sexual preference. Such action will include, but not be limited to, the following: promotion, demotion, transfer, training, employment recruitment and advertising, layoff, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation.